Overview – First Aid Training
The overall aim of this module is to provide an overview of what you need to know to act safely and effectively in the event of an incident requiring first aid assistance.
On completion of this module learners will:
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an incident
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone
- Understand what is meant by AVPU
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Shout, Airway, breathing
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it
The learning material is underpinned by the use of video scenarios and learners are encouraged to consider how you would apply these in their own situations.
The module comes with an online assessment and certificate on achieving a satisfactory pass mark.