Overview – Asbestos Awareness Training Online
Asbestos is an incredibly hazardous substance that causes serious ill-health to anyone who disturbs it. For this reason, anyone who is likely to disturb asbestos in their work must have an awareness of the correct health and safety procedures to follow.
Asbestos Awareness (Category A) training helps workers to understand the risks associated with the material so that they can avoid work that may disturb asbestos. This IATP accredited Asbestos Awareness course provides a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos and helps employers to comply with the law by ensuring that their workers are appropriately trained in order to work safely.
Note that any workers who plan to carry out work which will knowingly disturb asbestos require a higher level of training, (Category B or C) which is not supplied by this course. This course does not allow you to work with asbestos containing materials.
- Complies with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD & IATP, approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand why asbestos containing materials can be harmful and need to be treated as a hazardous substance.
- Understand the ill-health effects that asbestos can have.
- Know how to undertake an asbestos risk assessment.
- Understand the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
- Know what the responsibilities of employers and employees are under health and safety law.
- Understand the necessary emergency procedures.